Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Healthy Foods- Going Vegetarian!

I was that kid! (please don't laugh)

I was that kid that gave up my chicken for everyone's spinach since they didn't want it and I didn't really like meat. I was that kid that chose boneless chicken and picked all through my bone in chicken because I thought that it was "nasty" and "looked funny". I know that there weren't a lot of kids like me out there that chose their veggies over their meats, but hey, I didn't want to see the blood or know that the meat that I was eating came from a pig. I wasn't raised to do that. My family loves them some chicken, chitterlings, snoots, rib tips, and more. Me on the other hand, I liked my broccoli, corn, and carrots. Don't get me wrong though. I would eat a hotdog, burger, and a pepperoni pizza like it wasn't anyone's business, but lately, my boyfriend and I have been looking and taking inventory of the things that we put in our bodies, especially meat. We both decided that it would be best that we do not consume meat. This really made me think because it is ingrained in our minds that we need to consume animal's flesh, but why? Since I do not know much about nutrition, I will post videos that I have watched that are good for everyone to know. Going vegetarian makes me want to go back to my roots and study nutrition. I've seen family members and members of especially our black communities die left and right due to the things that we eat. I've always wanted to help out people that suffer with obesity, high blood pressure, and more. So I am starting here on my blog and I am going to spread this journey of being a vegetarian and just simply being healthy.

Get and stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment