Monday, November 25, 2013

Healthy Hair: BSL hair challenge 2013






So to make sure that I am staying on track with taking proper care of my hair, I have decided that these three dates will be my length check dates (August 31 is the last day of this challenge):

February 28
May 31
August 31

During this time, I will take photos of my length in whatever style that I am wearing at the time that actually shows my length. I just took some pictures of how my hair looks now. My hair has shrunken even in these braids, but I'm not worried about it because I already have a picture showing my length that I just took last week. *shrugs* With natural curly and kinky hair, shrinkage is something that we cannot run from which can be both a good and bad thing depending on the person. I used to want my hair to show it's length at all times, but I thought about it one day and I was like who really cares? I would love to shock people instead of having to stress myself out everyday to straighten it to show that I have hair on top of my head.

LMBO

This picture gets me every time because it's so true!

So for me, I say no to absolute shrinkage just to prove that I have hair. I rather stretch my hair so that I am not having so many tangles and SSKs. That's what I'm aiming for because Lord knows that if I wear my hair in it's shrunken state that I would be off better by cutting it because detangling it will be a complete nightmare (trust me, I've done it plenty of times thinking that I could still wear it like that as it has gotten longer). I now know that as my hair grow, certain things will have to change to accommodate that new length because I don't want anymore setbacks. As for right now, I am looking to grow out my hair in a proper state which is healthy. I have posted a picture of what my hair looks like now. I just did these braids a couple of days ago and I plan on keeping them in until New Years because I am going to wear my hair out at that time.

What it looks like now in braids



What it looks like when it is stretched



Do you have a hair goal that you will like to reach or a mini goal that you can reach by August 31, 2014? If so, feel free to join this challenge with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment