Sunday, November 24, 2013

2013 Healthy Hair Challenge

So I've been thinking especially after the success of growing my hair out to APL in the matter of months during the hair challenge that I was previously in. At the beginning of the challenge in August, I was just at shoulder length and now it's November and I am at APL. I did some research online and saw that usually in 9 months from APL, that is when you can hit BSL. Then I thought to myself, "How about I do a hair challenge from December 2013 to August 2014?" If anyone wants to join, then I would be happy that you are joining this challenge! :)

Below is a picture of what my hair looked like in Dec 2011 (you can also see how short it was as my first post on this blog was right after I cut my hair)


2013 vs. 2011


I am just proud of myself and I am happy to share this experience with anyone. My next goal is BSL by August 2014 and I believe that I can do it. If you have a goal that you would like to reach by August 2014, then I am here to tell you that you can definitely do it too!

So here is the breakdown of the challenge:

- Wear hear in a protective (or low manipulation) style for 3 weeks and then wear if free for 1 week.
- DC (deep condition) hair every week or every two weeks.
- Do the IM (inversion method) for 1 week each month. You simply have to put some oil on your scalp everyday, massage it in, and tilt your head over for 4 minutes. Please read my post on this method prior to doing this since some people cannot do this technique. Also, do the GHE (green house effect) at least 3 times during this week.
- L.O.C. (liquid, oil, cream) Method hair when needed to keep hair moisturized and sealed.
- Wash and condition hair on your regular wash days.
- Handle your hair gently.

That is all. It really is easy and it will get easier as the days go on. Since it is winter time now, I strongly suggest keeping a silk or satin scarf on when outdoors because this will help to keep the moisture in. Other than that, I will post pictures of my progress and document this journey.

I thank you all for taking the time out to read this and hopefully you will enjoy the results of this challenge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment